A flyer is a paper advertisement, often printed in bulk for distribution on a large scale in public places, through the post or directly handed out to.
It’s not just club promoters who use flyers today. Businesses, individual entrepreneurs, non-profit organisations and politicians all use them for marketing.
It’s easy to see why. Not only are they an affordable way of getting key messages to your audience, they can target specific demographics and are easy to read.
Here are just a few examples of how flyers can be used:
- Coffee shops hand out flyers in busy areas to divert people in their direction. Include information like location and discounts.
- Hairdressers offering new services often use flyers to give the recipient a special introductory offer.
- Tattoo artists use promotional materials such as flyers to not only promote their shop and offers, but also to showcase their art.
- Local politicians often use flyers to clearly communicate their policies and show voters they are active in the community.
- Personal trainers use flyers to promote a new programme, boot camps or to advertise their qualifications and services.
A well-designed leaflet is invaluable when promoting your business. If you invest time in the planning the content and design, you’ll ensure the flyer is visually-stunning and has high readability.